Costa Rica Eco Adventures Tour
Discover Costa Rican Rainforests and the magnificent Arenal Volcano
- 1 night at DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari or similar hotel in San Jose
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at Evergreen, Aninga, or Pachira in Tortuguero
- Guided walk on hotel trails and in botanical garden
- Boat tour to Tortuguero National Park
- Trip to Tortuguero town & visit of the Green turtle museum
- 2 nights at Mountain Paradise Hotel in the Arenal Volcano area
- Entrance to La Paz Waterfall
- Entrance to Paradise Hot springs Park in Arenal
- English certified guide
- All transfers from and to the airport and in between locations
- Daily breakfast
- 3 lunches
- 2 dinners
On this 6-day, 5-night adventure tour of Costa Rica Monkey Tours, you’ll get to experience the biodiversity found in Costa Rica, from wetlands and the Canals of the Tortuguero National Park to the magnificent Arenal Volcano region and its Thermal waters, you’ll visiting the breathless Waterfall of la paz. All led by bilingual guides & staying in hotels and specialty lodging properties, all winners of Tripadvisor 2016 certificate of excellence—include boating & hot springs, as well as bird watching and other meditative pursuits. This Getaway includes overnight stays at three hotels, along with tours, transportation, and some meals. Airfare is not included.
Day 1: Arrive in San Jose Airport (SJO)
The hotel staff greets you at Juan Santamaria International Airport in Cost Rica’s capital city, San Jose, where you’ll hop aboard a complimentary shuttle to the award-winning Hilton Cariari Hotel. Rest up to prep for tomorrow’s adventures, or perhaps you have time to explore Costa Rica’s capital city & have a traditional tico dinner at a restaurant in San José.
Days 2-3: Tortuguero Exploration - Jungle - Eco Adventure
This day begins early at 6:00am to depart towards the beautiful Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica and its most impressive natural wonder, the canals of Tortuguero featuring amazing beaches, beautiful wetlands and marshes bustling with wildlife and unspoiled natural surroundings. Breakfast is included on the road, lunch and dinner will be provided at your lodge.
While here, you’ll stay at Lodge, a resort with restaurants, bars, and pools nestled on 6 acres between the Tortuguero Lagoon and Caribbean Sea. Day 3 is filled with activities, outlined below.
- Tortuguero National Park: Hop on a boat tour after breakfast to explore canals, lagoons, and wetlands inhabited by endangered turtles and manatees. - Go into town: There are no streets in this quiet little village, but the sandy pathways and patchy sidewalks will lead you to plenty of restaurants, artist-owned shops, and the Sea Turtle Conservatory Museum.
Day 4: Waterfall Gardens - Arenal Volcano
You will depart to the magnificent Arenal Volcano region but first making a stop La Paz Waterfall Gardens. US News and World Report ranked this nature park among Costa Rica’s top attractions. Its residents include butterflies, jaguars, and a hodgepodge of other rare wildlife. You will be spending the night at Arenal Mountain Paradise hotel, were you can enjoy their great Restaurant and thermal pools.
Day 5: Magnificent Hot Springs Park
This day is set aside for leisure time & relaxation, so you can relax at the hotel spa, or venture out to explore Arenal Volcano National Park’s nearly 30,000 acres of misty cloud forests, petrified lava fields and the tranquil Lake Arenal. The you can’t-miss centerpiece is the conical, 5,000-foot-high Arenal Volcano so sit back relax & spend the afternoon and evening at Paradise hot springs and thermal pools.
Day 6: Head Home
The shuttle departs early at 7 a.m. for the roughly two-and-a-half-hour trip to Juan Santamaría International Airport in time for your flight back to the U.S.
- Tortugero National Park
- La Paz Waterfalls Garden
- Arenal Volcano
- The tour begin every Sunday, Please call in advance for availability dates.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari hotel in San Jose or similar hotel in San Jose.
- Evergreen Lodge or similar category in Tortuguero.
- Mountain Paradise Hotel or similar category in Arenal.
Bilingual guide (Spanish / English) certified by the Costa Rica Tourism Institute
- Daily breakast- 3 lunches and 2 dinners.
- Some hotels offer Costa Rica Monkey Tours guests special discounts at property restaurants and bars. Please inquire at the front desk of each hotel.
- Comfortable Hiking Shoes
- Flip-Flops or Sandals
- Summer Clothes
- Swim Trunks
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- All transfers as described above are included in the package.
- Comfortable touring bus the entire trip.
- Boat trasportation to Tortuguero.
- This tour is best enjoyed with flights arriving and departing from San Jose (SJO) Airport
- If you book flights into Liberia (LIR) Airport please contact our tour specialists for assistance and pricing for transport to this airport. Please note travel time from the last hotel to this airport is about 4 hours.
Terms & Conditions
- 15% Fees not included.
- Must arrive on Sunday for our 2021 departures dates.
- Schedule traveling is mandatory you cannot skip any activities or traveling otherwise you will need to cover any additional costs, please let us know if you are unable to proceed with an activity to provide alternatives if applicable.
- Up to 2 additional persons are accepted in the same room, charge per adult starting at $699 plus fees and for kids under 12 starting at $649 plus fees, for the whole package.
- All bedding selection at each listed hotel or similar hotel are subject to hotel availability upon arrival.
- Must sign waivers.
- Airfare not included.
- Some Adventure tours have ages, height, weight and health restrictions.
- Must be 18+ to check in at hotels or have a responsible adult for this tour.
- Credit card and valid ID is required upon check-in.
- Advertised prices are per person based on double occupancy. If a guest wants to travel alone, the rate starting at $1798.
- Please contact our customer service department for an accurate quote for your selected dates. All prices are in US $ plus fees (15%).
- All hotels or activities providers selected and offered on this tour may be changed at any time & for any reason by Costa Rica Monkey tours.
Consult with your travel executive about the reschedule policies and penalties.
- From anytime to 30 days prior to start of tour: the cancelation Fee is 50% of tour price.
- 30 days or less prior to start of tour or during tour: Fee is 100% of tour price.
- Time of cancellation will be when notice is received by Costa Rica Monkey Tours office.
Please contact us toll free from the United States and Canada at 1-800-774-5228 from 8 a.m. to Midnight Eastern Standard Time and a tour specialist will be glad to assist you with your reservation. Otherwise, please complete this form and a tour specialist will contact you within 48 hours to complete your booking.
Thank you and Welcome to Costa Rica.