Jewels of Costa Rica
7 Night City – Volcano – Forest and Beach
- 8 Day / 7 Night Tour
- Capital City of Costa Rica
- Poas Volcano National Park
- Arenal Volcano National Park
- Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Samara & Carrillo Beach
- Tarcoles River Bridge
- Jaco Beach
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Bilingual Guide / Photographer / Driver
- 4 Star Hotel Accommodations
- 10 Included Activities
This 8 day tour includes all transfers between the hotels, airport and visited attractions. Breakfast every day of your stay is also included along with stays at carefully selected hotels including brand name resorts like the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari, the widely recognized Mountain Paradise Hotel, and the best hotel in Monteverde: El Establo Mountain Resort. In Hermosa Beach, you will stay at the top rated Tramonto Hotel and in Samara or Carrillo beach at Nammbu Hotel or Villas Playa Samara beachfront resort. There is absolutely no reason for stress when you tour the happiest country on Earth with Costa Rica Monkey Tours, and the Monkey Tours superbly professional staff of guides, coordinators and drivers.
This 8 day tour includes all transfers between the hotels, airport and visited attractions. Breakfast every day of your stay is also included along with stays at carefully selected hotels including brand name resorts like the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari, the widely recognized Mountain Paradise Hotel, and the best hotel in Monteverde: El Establo Mountain Resort. In Jaco Beach, you will stay at the brand new Oceano Jaco Hotel and Residence and in Samara at the popular Villas Playa Samara beachfront resort. There is absolutely no reason for stress when you tour the happiest country on Earth with Costa Rica Monkey Tours, and the Monkey Tours superbly professional staff of guides, coordinators and drivers.
¡Bienvenidos a Costa Rica! After your flight into San Jose International Airport (SJO), you’ll find the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari complimentary shuttle which will take you to the hotel for the first night. You can spend the rest of the day at your leisure by venturing into the city or enjoying the resort’s amenities. You should prepare for breakfast at 7 am in the morning of Day 2.
Breakfast will be ready for you bright and early on the second day (and every day of the tour) at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Cariari. At breakfast you will meet the rest of your group as well as your guide who will gladly answer any pressing questions you have, and you and your group will go over all the details of your trip including documentation.
After breakfast we depart for the Poas Volcano National Park, and, weather permitting, you will gaze upon one of the largest volcanic craters in the world. During the hike up to the volcano, you will be met by a tropical highland rainforest with matchless and vibrant vegetation. Entrance to the park is included in the initial cost of the tour.
Next, we’ll take a short drive from the Poas Volcano National Park and stop at La Paz Waterfall Gardens; one of the most popular natural attractions in Costa Rica. This theme park revolves around animals, insects, plants and the terrain of Costa Rica, and features a beautiful waterfall as well as carefully designed enclosures. Displays of some of the most well-known natural inhabitants of Costa Rica abound at La Paz. While visiting the waterfall gardens there will be a sumptuous lunch featuring some of Costa Rica’s local cuisine and popular dishes.
From La Paz Waterfall Gardens we’ll continue our adventure towards Costa Rica’s Northern Plains and the crown jewel of Arenal Volcano. We will arrive around sunset, just in time to check in. After check in, you can enjoy access to Mountain Paradise Hotel.
A day of exploration or adventure awaits, and it is your choice! You can select between a national park hike or an exhilarating white water expedition in the Balsa River rapids.
You will enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure, and spend the night at this beautiful resort where you’ll take in breathtaking views of the Arenal Volcano from the mineral baths. There are also two restaurants, a dry bar and a wet bar if you are famished or thirsty from your day of authentic Costa Rica adventure.
Time for some relaxing beach time! Today we visit Costa Rica’s world famous gold coast, Guanacaste; known for its amazing weather year round, pristine beaches, and for being the last tropical dry forest in the world.
We will take you for 2 nights at beaufitul area of Samara beach and Carrillo Beach, rated in the top 10 beaches of Costa Rica by Tripadvisor.com. The Resort boasts rooms featuring modern interior design while maintaining an authentic harmony with its exuberant natural surroundings.
Recharge your batteries lounging by the pool or visit our Monkey Tours desk at the resort and choose from a varied array of activities available for purchase, ranging from deep sea fishing to cool surf lessons. You can also choose to relax in one of the best beaches in Guanacaste, with warm haute colored sand, tranquil waters and the amazing view of Isla Chora.
Today we will drive you to another one of Costa Rica’s natural jewels: the Monteverde Cloud Forest. The cloud forest was named for its permanent cloud cover, and not only boasts its own micro climate but it is also one of the most bio diverse regions on Earth. It has been ranked 14th in terms of places you must visit in the world by Newsweek, and you will trek through the cloud forest on board the INCLUDED and top selling Sky Walk, Sky Tram and Sky Trek Tour. The Sky Adventures, Sky Trek tour is the BEST in Costa Rica and features the longest zip line cable in the country.
The cloud forest as seen from a bird’s eye view is simply stunning, and you will observe wildlife as it happens as the sky tram passes high over the forest canopy. After trekking through the cloud forest, you will have the remainder of the evening at your disposal to either discover the village of Monteverde or relax and enjoy the amenities of Hotel El Establo where you will be staying for the night.
Manuel Antonio National Park is on the agenda after breakfast on Day 7. The crown jewel of the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica has been voted one of the 12 most beautiful national parks in the world by Forbes due to its inspiring mix of rainforest, pristine warm waters, clear colored sand and impressive wildlife. On the way we will stop at Tarcoles River Bridge to spot wild crocodiles.
Afterwards, we will take you on a beautiful guided hike of the park, where the opportunity to spot wild sloths, monkeys, marine birds and much more is more than likely. Also, explore the most unspoiled beaches that Costa Rica has to offer.
We will then check-in at the brand new Tramonto Hotel or a similar residence in popular Hermosa Beach. Spend the evening at leisure enjoying the hotel’s amenities or discovery the bustling night life and entertainment of Jaco Beach.
Time to go back home! There will be 1 departure at 7 am from Tramonto Hotel for your convenience. Drive time to the airport is about 2 hours from Hermosa Beach, and you should plan to arrive 2 hours before your flight.
- Poas Volcano
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Arenal Volcano
- Samara & Carrillo Beach
- Hermosa Beach
- Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Tarcoles River Bridge
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tour begins every Friday and Sunday. Please call in advance for available dates.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari hotel in San Jose or similar hotel in San Jose.
- Mountain Paradise Hotel or similar hotel in the Arenal Volcano area.
- Hotel Villas Playa Samara or similar hotel for the nights in Guanacaste.
- Hotel El Establo or similar hotel for the night in Monteverde.
- Tramonto Hotel at Playa Hermosa Beach or similar hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park area.
Bilingual guide (Spanish / English) certified by the Costa Rica Tourism Institute
- Breakfast is included every morning of your stay.
- Some other meals are included as specified above.
- Some hotels offer Costa Rica Monkey Tours guests special discounts at property restaurants and bars. Please inquire at the front desk of each hotel.
- Comfortable Hiking Shoes
- Flip-Flops or Sandals
- Summer Clothes
- Swim Trunks
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- All transfers as described above are included in the package
- Comfortable touring bus the entire trip
- This tour is best enjoyed with flights arriving and departing from San Jose (SJO) Airport
- If you book flights into Liberia (LIR) Airport please contact our tour specialists for assistance and pricing for transport to this airport. Please note travel time from the last hotel to this airport is about 4 hours.
We recommend you purchase travelers insurance for medical emergencies and misplaced luggage.
Terms & Conditions
- 15% Fees not included.
- Must arrive on a Friday or a Sunday for our 2018 - 2017 departures dates.
- Schedule traveling is mandatory you cannot skip any activities or traveling otherwise you will need to cover any additional costs, please let us know if you are unable to proceed with an activity to provide alternatives if applicable.
- Up to 2 additional persons are accepted in the same room, charge per adult starting at $799 plus fees and for kids under 12 starting at $699 plus fees, for the whole package.
- All bedding selection at each listed hotel or similar hotel are subject to hotel availability upon arrival
- Must sign waivers.
- Airfare not included.
- Some Adventure tours have ages, height, weight and health restrictions.
- Must be 18+ to check in at hotels or have a responsible adult for this tour.
- Credit card and valid ID is required upon check-in.
- Advertised prices are per person based on double occupancy. If a guest wants to travel alone, the rate starts at $1599
- Please contact our customer service department for an accurate quote for your selected dates. All prices are in US $ plus fees (15%).
- All hotels or activities providers selected and offered on this tour may be changed at any time & for any reason by Costa Rica Monkey tours.
The following policies for rescheduling apply to all prepaid reservations and are available for dates with availability:
- If the clients decide to change the date of their reservation two weeks or more prior to the onset of their tour, NO EXTRA CHARGE APPLIES.
- If clients decide to change the date of their reservation with prior notice of one week, a 15% charge will be added to the cost of their tour. (15% of the cost of the tour)
- If clients decided to change the date of their reservation with less than one week before the onset of their tour, a 30% charge will be added to the cost of their tour.
- From anytime to 30 days prior to start of tour: the cancelation Fee is 50% of tour price.
- 30 days or less prior to start of tour or during tour: Fee is 100% of tour price.
- Time of cancellation will be when notice is received by Costa Rica Monkey Tours office.
Please contact us toll free from the United States and Canada at 1-800-774-5228 from 8 a.m. to Midnight Eastern Standard Time and a tour specialist will be glad to assist you with your reservation. Otherwise, please complete this form and a tour specialist will contact you within 48 hours to complete your booking.
Thank you and Welcome to Costa Rica.