COSTA RICA AND NICARAGUA COMBINATION TOUR
- 8 Days / 7 Nights in Costa Rica and Nicaragua
- Volcano / Colonial City / Beach / Forest
- Driver / Bilingual Guide / Photographer
- 4 Star Hotel Accommodations
- Breakfast Every Day of Your Stay
- Some Meals as Described Below
- Preferred Airport: Guanacaste (LIR)
- REAL 100% Guaranteed departures.
- The most inclusions of any tour.
- Stay at the hotels listed below 100% Guaranteed.
During this eight-day tour you will discover the diversity that both Costa Rica & Nicaragua have to offer. We have designed the perfect package and tailored it for the best hassle free experience to enjoy these two neighboring countries. A spacious touring bus, English speaking guides and 4-star resorts will provide you with the best travel comforts along the way. With our exceptional attention to detail and custumer care you get to focus on enjoying one of the best vacations available.
The attractions you will enjoy in this Costa Rica and Nicaragua Tour are many: zip lining and skywalk tours through the rainforest, river rafting, horseback riding tours through the countryside, waterfalls, guided bird watching, authentic traditional towns, tropical rain and cloud forests and amazing beaches in both Costa Rica and Nicaragua. Our eight day package includes airport shuttles, transportation between visiting locations and lodging at the best resorts both countries have to offer including The Hilton Garden Inn, Mountain Paradise Hotel, Borinquen Mountain Resort and Spa, Hotel Colonial and Hotel Villas Playa Samara.
Day 1: Arrival in Costa Rica via Guanacaste (LIR) Airport
Upon arrival at the Guanacaste (LIR) Airport in Costa Rica, the Hilton Garden Inn’s shuttle will take you to the hotel for the first night in Costa Rica. Enjoy the evening in the hotel at your leisure, and prepare for an amazing vacation.
Day 2: Transfer to the Arenal Volcano Area
Your day starts with breakfast at the Hilton in the company of your guide, your driver and your fellow tour members. This gives you the opportunity to get to know everyone before your adventure begins. Shortly after breakfast, you will start the tour and head towards the Arenal volcano located in the town of La Fortuna. This volcano is known for being one of the most remarkable natural wonders in Costa Rica ever since its first eruption in 1968, and is considered a main attraction for travelers around the world that visit Costa Rica.
Although the volcano has entered a phase of rest since 2010, it is still constantly expelling small amounts of lava, rock and ash that provide a stunning show especially at night time. With a height of 1,633 meters, and rising above a grandiose rainforest that surrounds its base, the Volcano is an impressive scene to be observed. This area of Costa Rica offers you a multitude of activities, and the charming town of La Fortuna will enchant you.
On the way to the town of La Fortuna, you will encounter beautiful sceneries such as the town of Cañas, and you’ll pass by a beautiful wind farm idyllically set among the virgin forest near the lake of Arenal.
In Collaboration with Wave Expeditions, you will enjoy the adventure of a river-rafting trip on the Balsa River where thrills and hours of fun are yours for the entire morning. Imagine floating 10 kilometers (nearly 6 ½ miles!) on one of the most beautiful rivers in Costa Rica and right through the center of the rainforest! Snacks are offered during your trip down the river, and a delicious typical lunch will be waiting for you at the end of the tour.
For the grand finale of Day 2, we will take you to the Mountain Paradise Hotel. You will enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure, and spend the night at this beautiful resort that offers you breathtaking views of the Arenal Volcano.
Day 3: Transfer to Rincón de la Vieja Volcano Area
On day 3 you will enjoy your breakfast at the Mountain Paradise Hotel, and you will then take the road to the Rincon De La Vieja region in Guanacaste where a full day of adventure awaits you. It is at the enchanting Hotel Borinquen that you will enjoy all of your activities for the day. Your adventurous day includes a horseback riding tour, zip lining through the forest canopy and a relaxing afternoon at the natural pools, sauna, and volcanic mud baths. The Hotel Borinquen is nestled on the slopes of the volcano and the vegetation is beautiful. It is within the comforts of this paradise resort that you will enjoy your stay for the night.
Lunch is included on day 3, but you are on your own for dinner. There are two lovely restaurants, a snack bar and a poolside bar at the hotel for your convenience.
Day 4: Transfer to the Colonial City of Granada, Nicaragua
You will enjoy an early breakfast at the Hotel Borinquen, and depart at 6:30AM for the Nicaraguan border. A unique experience awaits you, as you will be en route to the colonial city of Granada, which is famous for its unique and well-preserved colonial architecture.
Founded in 1524 by Francisco Hernandez de Cordoba, Granada is the third largest city of Nicaragua with a population of over 120,000 inhabitants. Dominated by the Mombacho volcano, Granada is located on the shores of Lake Nicaragua. It is on this lake that you will begin your Nicaraguan adventure by touring on a boat throughout the channels of Las Isletas (Little Islands); an archipelago conformed of 365 small islands made by volcanic material. The economy of Granada was long based on the timber trade, raw cocoa and crafts, but it is now considered Nicaragua’s biggest tourist attraction.
After your visit to the islands you will enjoy a lunch together, and then you will head in the direction of your hotel for the night, which is the prestigious Hotel Colonial, situated in the heart of Granada. You have the rest of the day free to discover this beautiful city, its churches, museums and the central market. We recommend that you take a walk through the central park of Granada where you will find beautiful horse-drawn carriages that offer you a complete city tour. If you prefer to walk, attractions abound. Whether you decide to visit the Convent of San Francisco, the cigar factory and Mombacho or simply take a walk on the Granada Calzada (“Main Street”) which is the home of so many restaurants, boutiques and shops that will make you fall in love with this unique colonial Central American town.
Day 5: Masaya Volcano and San Juan del Sur Beach
You will enjoy breakfast at Hotel Colonial, and we will depart at 8:00 am for a short walk to the observatory of La Merced Church where you’ll be able to take one last picture of an impressive panoramic view of Granada to start the day. We will then jump on the road towards our second attraction of the day; The Masaya Volcano National Park. This park was established in 1979, and has an area of 54 km2 consisting of roads and trails that lead to each of the five volcanoes that are found in the park. Our visit on this occasion will be to the active Volcano of Masaya. You will be amazed at the depth of the crater and its impressive views.
Following on the agenda after the Masaya Volcano National Park is the artisan town and market of Catarina where you will have the opportunity to purchase local souvenirs, and enjoy a breathtaking view of the Laguna de Apoyo.
Finally, we will head towards the beach town of San Juan Del Sur, which is Nicaragua’s # 1 beach destination, and enjoy a delicious lunch at a local beach restaurant. If you love seafood, we recommend you try the lobster tails for just about $11 a plate.
We will then head back to Costa Rica in the late afternoon for the final stop of the trip; Hotel Villas Playa Samara. Dinner will be on your own at the restaurant in Villas Playa Samara, or any of the wonderful restaurants in the nearby town of Playa Samara.
Day 6-7: At Leisure at Samara & Carrillo Beach – An amazing paradise
On day 6 and 7 you will be staying at Hotel Nammbu or Hotel Villas Playa Samara where you will be able to enjoy one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica which has been awarded by tripadvisor.com as the second best beach in Central America.
Villas Playa Samara or Nammbu Hotel are an ideal destination to relax and explore the charming fisherman village of Playa Samara. For those of you who wish to continue your adventure, there are a multitude of activities available on site. We recommend the water sports, whether it be fishing, kayaking, surfing or just swimming in the Pacific Ocean. Whether on foot, on bicycle or a scooter tour, you’ll enjoy plenty of opportunities in discovering the area. If you prefer to just relax, you will be able to enjoy Villas Playa Samara spa services with a special two-for-one discount on SPA packages for the Costa Rica Monkey Tour adventurers.
Note that a Monkey Tours team is located directly at the hotel, and will remain with you until the end of your vacation in order to assist with all your vacation needs or desires.
Day 8: Transfer to Guanacaste (LIR) Airpot for your flight home
Time to go back home!!! The Costa Rica Monkey Tours team will take you back to the airport right on time for your flight back home! We hope you have enjoyed this Costa Rica & Nicaragua adventure arranged specially for you.
- Arenal Volcano
- Rincon de la Vieja Volcano
- Granada Colonial City
- San Juan del Sur Beach
- Samara & Carrillo Beach
- Tour begins every Monday and Thursday. Please call in advance for available dates.
- Hilton Garden Inn or similar 4 star hotel for the first night of the trip with breakfast included.
- Mountain Paradise Hotel and Spa or similar 4 star resort for the night in Arenal Volcano Area
- Borinquen Mountain Resort and Spa or similar 4 star resort for the night in Rincon de la Vieja Volcano Area
- Hotel Colonial Granada, Nicaragua or similar 4 star resort for the night in Granada Nicaragua
- Hotel Villas Playa Samara or similar 4 star resort for the nights in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Bilingual guide (Spanish / English) certified by the Costa Rica Tourism Institute
- Breakfast is included every morning of your stay
- Some other meals are included as specified above
- Some hotels offer Costa Rica Monkey Tours guests special discounts at property restaurants and bars. Please inquire at the front desk of each hotel.
- Comfortable Hiking Shoes
- Flip-Flops or Sandals
- Summer Clothes
- Swim Trunks
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Jeans (Horseback Riding)
- All transfers as described above are included in the package
- Comfortable touring bus the entire trip
- This tour is best enjoyed with flights arriving and departing from Guanacaste (LIR) Airport
- If you book flights into San Jose (SJO) Airport please contact our tour specialists for assistance and pricing for transport to this airport. Please note travel time from the last hotel to the airport is about 4 hours.
We recommend you purchase travelers insurance for medical emergencies and misplaced luggage.
Terms & Conditions
- Must arrive on a Monday or a Thursday for our 2018 - 2017 departures dates.
- Schedule traveling is mandatory you cannot skip any activities or traveling otherwise you will need to cover any additional costs, please let us know if you are unable to proceed with an activity to provide alternatives if applicable.
- Up to 2 additional persons are accepted in the same room, charge per adult starting at $699 plus fees and for kids under 12 starting at $629 plus fees, for the whole package.
- All bedding selection at each listed hotel or similar hotel are subject to hotel availability upon arrival
- Must sign waivers.
- Airfare not included.
- Some Adventure tours have ages, height, weight and health restrictions.
- Must be 18+ to check in at hotels or have a responsible adult for this tour.
- Credit card and valid ID is required upon check-in.
- Advertised prices are per person based on double occupancy. If a guest wants to travel alone, the rate starting at $1399
- Please contact our customer service department for an accurate quote for your selected dates. All prices are in US $ plus fees (15%).
- All hotels or activities providers selected and offered on this tour may be changed at any time & for any reason by Costa Rica Monkey tours.
- 15% Fees not included.
The following policies for rescheduling apply to all prepaid reservations and are available for dates with availability:
- If the clients decide to change the date of their reservation two weeks or more prior to the onset of their tour, NO EXTRA CHARGE APPLIES.
- If clients decide to change the date of their reservation with prior notice of one week, a 15% charge will be added to the cost of their tour. (15% of the cost of the tour)
- If clients decided to change the date of their reservation with less than one week before the onset of their tour, a 30% charge will be added to the cost of their tour.
- From anytime to 30 days prior to start of tour: the cancelation Fee is 50% of tour price.
- 30 days or less prior to start of tour or during tour: Fee is 100% of tour price.
- Time of cancellation will be when notice is received by Costa Rica Monkey Tours office.
- Your shuttle back to the LIR airport is included on day 8th. Please keep in mind that all departures leave before 10am and will be scheduled on day 7th. Transportation on any other day to LIR is not included and has an extra cost of $145 for a private van. If you are extending your holidays in Costa Rica and need transportation to other locations, please look for our representative at Villas Playa Samara who can gladly assist you with any additional services.