Costa Rica Coast to Coast | 10 Night City
Caribbean - Volcano – Forest and Pacific
- 11 Day / 10 Night Tour
- Capital City of Costa Rica
- Tortuguero National Park
- Caribbean Coast
- Poas Volcano National Park
- Arenal Volcano National Park
- Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Samara Beach
- Tarcoles River Bridge
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Jaco Beach
- Bilingual Guide / Photographer / Driver
- 4 Star Hotel Accommodations
- 14 Included Activities
Our most complete exploration tour of Costa Rica takes you coast to coast on this amazing 10 night tour. Discover the enchanting beauty of Costa Rica, known for its exuberant rain forests, friendly people, pristine beaches, privileged weather and unique geography. Travelling with us on this guided group tour you will get to experience the warmth of the Caribbean coast and the spectacular Tortugero National Park, the Arenal Volcano, Monteverde Cloud Forest, Poas Volcano and Manuel Antonio National Park and beach; all in the comfort of a state of the art bus, with a bilingual guide and professional photographer.
This 11 day tour includes all transfers between the hotels, airport and visited attractions. Breakfast every day of your stay is also included along with stays at carefully selected hotels including brand name resorts like the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari, the best Tortuguero Resort the La Baula Lodge, the widely recognized Baldi Hot Springs resort, and the best hotel in Monteverde: El Establo Mountain Resort. You will also stay at one of the top rated Jaco Beach hotels, Oceano Jaco Hotel and Residence. There is absolutely no reason for stress when you tour the happiest country on Earth with the best tour company: Costa Rica Monkey Tours.
Welcome to Costa Rica! After your flight into San Jose (SJO) Airport take the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari complimentary shuttle to the hotel for your first night. The rest of the day is spent at your leisure, venture into the city or enjoy the resort’s amenities. Be ready for breakfast at 7A.M. on Day 2.
This day begins early, be ready at the lobby at 6:15 A.M. to depart towards the beautiful Caribbean coast of Costa Rica and its most impressive natural wonder, the canals of Tortuguero featuring amazing beaches, beautiful wetlands and marshes bustling with wildlife and unspoiled natural surroundings. On the way we’ll stop for breakfast and furthermore, lunch and dinner are included on this day for your enjoyment.
It is time to enjoy and explore the beautiful surrounding area, town, beach and canals. You can also explore the hotel’s exhuberant gardens at your leisure. We’ve included breakfast, lunch and dinner on this day as well for your comfort.
After breakfast we will take you back to San Jose for another night at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari. Upon arrival spend this day at leisure to explore the city, surrounding area or enjoy the resort’s facilities.
After breakfast we depart for the Poas Volcano National Park, and, weather permitting, you will gaze upon one of the largest volcanic craters in the world. During the hike up to the volcano, you will be met by a tropical highland rainforest with matchless and vibrant vegetation. Entrance to the park is included in the initial cost of the tour.
Next, we’ll take a short drive from the Poas Volcano National Park and stop at La Paz Waterfall Gardens; one of the most popular natural attractions in Costa Rica. This theme park revolves around animals, insects, plants and the terrain of Costa Rica, and features a beautiful waterfall as well as carefully designed enclosures.
Displays of some of the most well-known natural inhabitants of Costa Rica abound at La Paz. While visiting the waterfall gardens there will be a sumptuous lunch featuring some of Costa Rica’s local cuisine and popular dishes.
From La Paz Waterfall Gardens we’ll continue our adventure towards Costa Rica’s Northern Plains and the crown jewel of Arenal Volcano. We will arrive around sunset, just in time to check in. After check in, you can enjoy access to Baldi Hot Springs Resort’s world famous hot springs with multiple temperatures and sizes which are also included as part of the tour’s cost. There are 25 thermo mineral pools at Baldi, and a relaxing soak will be perfect to prepare you for day 3.
A day of exploration or adventure awaits, and it is your choice! You can select between a sugar cane and pineapple plantation, national park hike or caño negro wildlife refuge tarpon fishing excursion or an exhilarating white water expedition in the Balsa River rapids, an adrenaline packed canyon climbing, rappelling and discovery excursion.
At the end of the day, cool down in the relaxing hot springs at Baldi Hot Springs Resort and Spa, where you can enjoy the thermal hot springs nestled within the misty tropical jungle of Costa Rica. You will enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure, and spend the night at this beautiful resort where you’ll take in breathtaking views of the Arenal Volcano from the mineral baths. There are also two restaurants, a dry bar and a wet bar if you are famished or thirsty from your day of authentic Costa Rica adventure.
Time for some relaxing beach time! Today we visit Costa Rica’s world famous gold coast, Guanacaste; known for its amazing weather year round, pristine beaches, and for being the last tropical dry forest in the world.
We will take you for 2 nights at the beautiful Villas Playa Samara resort, right on the water in beautiful samara beach. The Resort boasts rooms featuring modern interior design while maintaining an authentic harmony with its exuberant natural surroundings.
Recharge your batteries lounging by the pool or visit our Monkey Tours desk at the resort and choose from a varied array of activities available for purchase, ranging from deep sea fishing to cool surf lessons. You can also choose to relax in one of the best beaches in Guanacaste, with warm haute colored sand, tranquil waters and the amazing view of Isla Chora.
Today we will drive you to another one of Costa Rica’s natural jewels: the Monteverde Cloud Forest. The cloud forest was named for its permanent cloud cover, and not only boasts its own micro climate but it is also one of the most bio diverse regions on Earth. It has been ranked 14th in terms of places you must visit in the world by Newsweek, and you will trek through the cloud forest on board the INCLUDED and top selling Sky Walk, Sky Tram and Sky Trek Tour. The Sky Adventures, Sky Trek tour is the BEST in Costa Rica and features the longest zip line cable in the country.
The cloud forest as seen from a bird’s eye view is simply stunning, and you will observe wildlife as it happens as the sky tram passes high over the forest canopy. After trekking through the cloud forest, you will have the remainder of the evening at your disposal to either discover the village of Monteverde or relax and enjoy the amenities of Hotel El Establo where you will be staying for the night.
Manuel Antonio National Park is on the agenda after breakfast on Day 10. The crown jewel of the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica has been voted one of the world’s most beautiful beaches due to its inspiring mix of rainforest, pristine warm waters and clear colored sand. On the way we will stop at Tarcoles River Bridge to spot wild crocodiles.
Afterwards, we will take you on a beautiful guided hike of the park, where the opportunity to spot wild sloths, monkeys, macaws and much more is more than likely. Also, explore the most unspoiled beaches that Costa Rica has to offer.
We will then check-in at the beautiful Oceano Jaco Hotel and Residence, spend the evening at leisure where you could enjoy the hotel’s amenities or discover the bustling night life and entertainment of Jaco Beach.
Time to go back home! There will be 1 departure at 7 am from Oceano Jaco Hotel and Residence for your convenience. Drive time to the airport is about 1.5 hours from Jaco Beach, and you should plan to arrive 2 hours before your flight.
- Poas Volcano
- Tortugero National Park
- La Paz Waterfalls Garden
- Arenal Volcano
- Samara Beach
- Jaco Beach
- Tarcoles River Bridge
- Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tour begins every Tuesday and Thursday. Please call in advance for available dates.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari hotel in San Jose or similar hotel in San Jose.
- La Baula Lodge or similar hotel in Tortuguero.
- Baldi Hotel and Hotsprings Resort or similar hotel in the Arenal Volcano area.
- Hotel Villas Playa Samara or similar hotel for the nights in Guanacaste.
- Hotel El Establo or similar hotel for the night in Monteverde.
- Oceano Jaco Hotel and Residences or similar hotel in Manuel Antonio National Park area.
- Breakfast is included every morning of your stay.
- Some other meals are included as specified above.
- Some hotels offer Costa Rica Monkey Tours guests special discounts at property restaurants and bars. Please inquire at the front desk of each hotel.
- Comfortable Hiking Shoes
- Flip-Flops or Sandals
- Summer Clothes
- Swim Trunks
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- All transfers as described above are included in the package
- Comfortable touring bus the entire trip
- This tour is best enjoyed with flights arriving and departing from San Jose (SJO) Airport
- If you book flights into Liberia (LIR) Airport please contact our tour specialists for assistance and pricing for transport to this airport. Please note travel time from the last hotel to this airport is about 4 hours.
Terms & Conditions
- 15% Fees not included.
- Must arrive on a Tuesday or Thursday for our 2015 departures dates.
- Schedule traveling is mandatory you cannot skip any activities or traveling otherwise you will need to cover any additional costs, please let us know if you are unable to proceed with an activity to provide alternatives if applicable.
- Charge for kids under 12 yrs is £499 plus fees, for the whole package.
- All bedding selection at each listed hotel or similar hotel are subject to hotel availability upon arrival
- Must sign waivers.
- Airfare not included.
- Some Adventure tours have ages, height, weight and health restrictions.
- Must be 18+ to check in at hotels or have a responsible adult for this tour.
- Credit card and valid ID is required upon check-in.
- Advertised prices are per person based on double occupancy. If a guest wants to travel alone, a solo fee of £499 will be added.
- Please contact our customer service department for an accurate quote for your selected dates. All prices are in US $ plus fees (15%).
- All hotels or activities providers selected and offered on this tour may be changed at any time & for any reason by Costa Rica Monkey tours.
- From anytime to 30 days prior to start of tour: the cancelation Fee is 50% of tour price.
- 30 days or less prior to start of tour or during tour: Fee is 100% of tour price.
- Time of cancellation will be when notice is received by Costa Rica Monkey Tours office.
Please contact us toll free from the UK at +44 800 066-2250 and a tour specialist will be glad to assist you with your reservation. Otherwise, please complete this form and a tour specialist will contact you within 48 hours to complete your booking.
Thank you and Welcome to Costa Rica.
From £649 p.p
*Prices in UK Pounds
- Dates from Sept 1st - Nov 15th - Usual Price: £1020 p.p - Deal Price: £649 p.p - Discount 36.37%
- Dates from Nov 16th - Dec 16th - Usual Price: £1147 p.p - Deal Price: £699 p.p - Discount 39.06%
- Dates from Jan 6th 2016 - Mar 16th 2016 - Usual Price: £1274 p.p - Deal Price: £799 p.p - Discount 37.28%